Monday, December 11, 2017

Warm Wishes

Hello crafty friends!  It's time for a new weekly Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Pam is our host and she has chosen Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green and Silver as her colors, so beautiful for this time of year.  Dessert is to include Christmas/Jingle bells.





Well, I have to admit I made a mistake by not rechecking the colors before I made my card and for some reason I thought the metallic was gold not silver, so that's what I used on my card.  I started with a panel of Suzy's Watercolor Prints from Simon Says Stamp and water colored with Distress Inks and Starry Colors Metallic watercolor paints.  When the panel dried I used a fine point Black Sharpie to outline everything in the print, plus slightly enlarged the sentiment.




I decided to try to enhance the contrast of the colors and used colored pencils to deepen the shading of the leaves and petals.  I think it turned out okay for my first try with this technique but I'm still not totally satisfied because I couldn't get as smooth of a blend as I was hoping due to the texture of the watercolor paper, a little more evident in the photo below.  You'll also see some of the sparkle that was added to the leaves and petals with Clear Wink of Stella that could not be captured in the other photos.




When I was done with the watercolor panel, it was trimmed down and adhered to a black card base, then the frame of brushed gold card stock was added with foam tape and the card was finished!




Thanks so much for visiting, it's always so appreciated!  I've added a link to the color challenge above, so I hope you'll pop over there and check it out, and maybe play along this week!


Stef




Product detail
Stamps:  None
Paper:  Black (Simon Says Stamp), Brushed Gold (retired Stampin' Up), Suzy's Classical Christmas Watercolor Prints (SSS)
Ink:  Candied Apple, Aged Mahogany, Mowed Lawn, Pine Needles
Other:  Blue Gold and Light Gold Gansai Tambi Starry Colors Metallic Watercolor paints, Clear Wink of Stella, A2 Stitched Rectangle Stax Die-namics (MFT), Stitched Rectangle Frame (MFT), Fine Point Black Sharpie, Prismacolor Colored Pencils

No comments: