Sunday, April 16, 2017

Big Scripty Greetings Birthday

Hi there!  I hope everyone celebrating Easter are having a wonderful day with their families!  I decided to take a few minutes to post my card that's a little bit late for both last week's color and sketch challenges at Splitcoaststampers.  But fortunately there's no hard deadline so one can play along any time.  I'm also joining the current challenge at Seize the Birthday where the current "toppings" choice is to use two pattern papers on your card. 




Aren't those colors delicious?  Lost Lagoon, Pistachio Pudding and Island Indigo, all lovely together.  I was never a huge fan of the Stampin' Up! pistachio color but I admit it does play well with these two blues.  And I happen to have some retired Venetian Romance designer series paper that worked perfectly with the colors and the STB toppings choice.


Playing around with the tag I decided to use the Big Scripty Greetings stamp set from Simon Says Stamp.  Created by Kristina Werner using her gorgeous script, the set has several wonderful sentiments.  It looks very dark but the ink is Island Indigo, heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  Because the dye ink dries so quickly, I first covered inked the stamp in Versamark then added the Island Indigo ink, that way it stayed sticky enough for the embossing powder to cling to the sentiment.  After heat embossing the sentiment I added the border and heart from the Tin of Cards stamp set from Stampin' Up! in Lost Lagoon, although I ended up using Stickles to cover the heart.  I added the birthday greeting from the same sentiment set \to the interior of the card. 


The tag was finished off by adding the Lost Lagoon and Very Vanilla twine.  After adhering all the card stock and dsp layers, and wrapping the vanilla twine around the horizontal piece, the tag was added using Dimensionals.  I decided to stick with the sketch and add a heart to the lower left side.  I found an Essentials Wooden Elements heart (retired SU), covered it with Sea Spray Stickles and glued it to the card front.


Thanks so much for visiting!  I've added links to all the challenges above, so be sure to head over there and check them out.

Stef


No comments: