Saturday, November 9, 2013

Christmas Joy (a 2 for 1!)

Hello once again!  In between doing some laundry, some cleaning and grocery shopping, I made two very easy Christmas cards that will be great for mailing, while using up some older designer paper and stickers. In 2009 I purchased the Christmas Jingle Simply Scrappin' kit from Stampin' Up! and used a bit of it then and over the ensuing years, but a large amount remains unused.  I decided to pull some of it out today and remedy that situation LOL!!  I used this week's sketch challenge at Splitcoast Stampers for both cards.



For my first card I used exactly zero stamps!  Wow, talk about easy peasy!  Instead I used one of the stickers that had a sweet sentiment.


The sentiment is backed with a scallop circle of Real Red card stock, as is the little Old Olive circle sporting holly leaves and a Real Red Candy Dot.  The strip across the card is also a sticker from the set.  Super easy with minimal embellishments and perfect for mailing.

For my second card I used a sentiment from Endless Wishes and the retired, but still handsome, Dasher.






































I decided to make this a monochromatic card of Old Olive, with a little bit of gold added with Stampin' Up! Gold Embossing powder, the sentiment stamped in gold ink and the scallop circle of gold paper under the sentiment.  Retired Gold Elastic cord was wrapped across the middle of the card.  I wasn't surprised when Stampin' Up included the Dasher Image in the Best of Christmas set released a few weeks ago.  It is so festive with all the sparkles flying off his antlers, it's too bad the photo doesn't fully capture the lovely shine from the gold embossing powder.

Are you making Christmas cards this year?  I always look forward to it and this year I feel like I've got a better start on the 75 or 80 I make every year than in previous years.  Next year I might have to join one of the weekly challenges and make Christmas cards all year in order to avoid the mass production crunch.  But I have to say it does get me in the spirit of the season.

Thanks for taking a look and I hope the remainder of your weekend is enjoyable!

Hugs,

Stef


Products details
Card #1:
Stamps:  None
Paper:  Real Red, textured Chocolate Chip, Christmas Jingle designer paper
Ink:  None
Accessories:  Christmas Jingle stickers, Very Vanilla Velvet ribbon, Real Red Candy Dot, 2 3/8" and 7/8" Scallop circle punches

Card #2:
Stamps:  Dasher, Endless Wishes
Paper:  Old Olive plain and textured card stock, Gold (LSS), Christmas Jingle designer paper
Ink:  Versamark, Colorbox Gold pigment ink
Accessories:  Stampin' Up! Gold embossing powder, Deco framelits, 1 1/4" and 7/8" Scallop circle punches, Gold Elastic cord





No comments: