Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Halloween Haunts

I know!  A second post!  This card is for the challenges at Paper Players and Crazy 4 Challenges to make a Halloween card.




Starting with a Basic Black card covered with my favorite piece of Wicked Fun designer paper, I then used some of the new washi tape in the Stampin' Up Holiday catalogue.  The vertical piece was made with a strip of Basic Black card stock covered with a piece of the same designer paper, then punched three times with a 1 1/4" circle punch.



I stamped the owl and cat images in Versamark, embossed them with black embossing powder and popped them out with a 1 3/8" circle punch.  The pumpkin image was stamped on the Glue Pad then on Basic Black card stock, and covered with Stampin' Up Orange Glitter.
Here's a close up:


Pretty cute, huh?  I love that little face!  However, it took several tries for this it to come out correctly.  I'm not a big user of glitter, so I think I need to find a better method to stick the glitter to the paper...someday when I decide to use it again LOL!  The sentiment is on a piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock that was cut out with an Apothecary Accent framelit then edged with a Basic Black marker.  Glittery green dots fit perfectly on each side of the sentiment.

The layout is #99 from Freshly Made Sketches (http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/). While I didn't get to play along at the time, I kept it in mind to use at the right moment, which was last weekend for this card.

Well, time to make my lunch for work tomorrow and think about going to bed.  Thank you so much for taking a look and I'd love to hear from you if you have time to leave a comment!

Hugs,

Stef


Products:
Stamps:  House of Haunts, Halloween (Hero Arts)
Paper:  Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Wicked Fun designer paper
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Black embossing powder, Orange Glitter, Witches Brew washi tape, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, glitter dots (Recollections), Apothecary Accents framelit


2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely awesome, Stef! Great combination of patterns and colors. I love the glitter! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

CUTE! I lust love that sparkly pumpkin, Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)