Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sweet Baby and Big Sister

Welcome back!  Today I have two cards to share.  My great niece recently had a new baby and today is her oldest daughter's third birthday, so I made cards last weekend to celebrate both occasions.


The first card is the baby card, which used the utterly delightful Nursery Rhymes designer paper from Graphic 45's new Mother Goose Collection.  I loved it as soon as I saw it at the LSS, just because the colors were non-traditional and can be used for all ages of young children.


I made a pocket for a gift card on the interior with one of the Chalk Talk dies.  I found I had to put my adhesive only on the two side bumps and along the bottom, otherwise it is too narrow for a gift card.

The next card was an experiment on a couple of levels and I think a 3-year old girl will like the sparkle and shine, and the cute elephant.


I pulled out some long neglected chipboard, primarily to get the number, but then I saw all the frame and thought it would be fun to use as well.  I painted both with Frost White Shimmer Paint and added Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the 3.  Now I know why I shy away from using glitter - aawwck!  It was everywhere, even though I was very careful.  Still it was fun to try and I love the result.

The elephant is from the retired Wild About You stamp set and she is holding a heart from Tiny Tags.  I cut out both of them with my paper snips.

Thanks for taking a peek and I'd love to hear from you if you have time to leave a comment!

Hugs,

Stef


Sweet Baby card:
Stamps:  Sweet Essentials
Paper:  Tempting Turquoise, Very Vanilla, Mother Goose Collection-Nursery Rhymes (G45)
Ink:  Garden Green
Accessories:  Flower Trim, Finishing Accents Edgelit, Basic Pearls, Paper Snips

"Wild" Birthday card:
Stamps:  Wild About You, Party This Way, Tiny Tags
Paper:  Primrose Petals card stock and Coordinations, Very Vanilla, Pool Party, More Amore designer paper
Ink:  Basic Gray, Primrose Petals
Accessories:  On Board Essentials and On Board Timeless Type Chipboard, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Word Window and Modern Label punches Pool Party Ruffle Ribbon.

No comments: