Sunday, August 25, 2013

Wisteria Birthday Blossom

Welcome back!  Today I'm sharing the final card in the set made for my friend's birthday tomorrow.  The card design is based on the sketch challenge over at Fab Friday.  I love this design and already have another idea how to use it rolling around in my brain.


The first card I made for the set was a very CAS masculine birthday card, so I thought I would include a more feminine one as well.  For the heart shape in the sketch above I instead used the large flower from Stippled Blossoms and moved it to the opposite, upper corner.


The flower and leaves were snipped out and popped up on dimensionals.  The sentiment is from Simply Sketched.  My Stampamajig sure came in handy with the sentiment and flowers! Despite the hand cutting, the card came together very easily, with a couple of added elements such as the scalloped edge and the flag, ribbon and bow.









Thanks for taking a look!  I'd love to hear from you if you have a moment to leave a message. I hope the coming week goes well for you!  

Hugs,

Stef

All products from Stampin' Up:
Stamps:  Stipple Blossoms, Simply Sketched
Paper:  Elegant Eggplant, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White, In Color Pattern Pack
Ink:  Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, Lucky Limeade, Pear Pizazz
Accessories:  Basic Pearls, White Organza ribbon, Scallop Border punch, Stampamajig


4 comments:

Marla Reed said...

So pretty and elegant! I love any color combination that uses purple and green. The bow and pearls are beautiful and finish your card so perfectly! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

Amanda Mertz said...

Such a pretty feminine card! The layered scallops and pearls are sure to be a hit with your friend! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Pam Steckman said...

I love the colors! All of the elements create a perfect "girl" card! I miss Lucky Limeade so much! Thanks for playing along with Fab Friday!

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Stef,
I'm happy to leave a comment! Your card is so beautiful! I love the way Lucky Limeade complements the rich eggplant. Pearls, ruffles and roses = my kind of card. Love it! And I can't forget the PERFECT bow.

Thanks for playing with us at Fab Friday!