Friday, July 19, 2013

Birthday Message

Hi there once again!  Today I have a card to share with you that is for three challenges:  Pals Paper Arts, Play Date Cafe, and the Tuesday Trigger at Moxie Fab World.  I knew I wanted to use this fun sketch to play up Crisp Cantaloupe and Pistachio Pudding colors to go along with this week's color challenge at PDC.  And when I saw the gorgeous Tuesday Trigger at MFW this week, it inspired me to add lace and pearls to the card.








My card starts with a base of Confetti Cream, topped with a panel of Crisp Cantaloupe embossed with the Honeycomb embossing folder.  The embossed piece was sanded and distressed, then sponged with Crisp Cantaloupe ink, after which both pieces of card stock were sponged with Antique Linen.  


The Flower Trim was inked up with Crisp Cantaloupe ink using a sponge dauber, placed on a silicone craft sheet and spritzed with water to more evenly spread the ink around (an idea I first saw Ann Schach (http://www.stampinchic.com/) share on her blog).  After carefully drying the flowers with my heat tool, Basic Pearls were placed in the flower centers, and then the row was adhered atop a lovely bit of ruffled lace.



The designer paper is from the new Venetian Romance - I am totally besotted with all the beautiful designs and colors!!  I know, I know, I've been trying to use up a lot of my old "collection" from the past several years, but I had a weak moment and Stampin' Up had a nice offer, so I couldn't pass it up.

The sentiment is from Mixed Messages by Paper Trey Ink.  It's perfect when you need the tiniest sentiments, plus the fonts are beautiful.  It was stamped on Confetti Cream in Crisp Cantaloupe, punched out with a scallop circle punch and popped up on top of the smallest framelit from Floral Frames Collection framelits.

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by; I'd love to hear from you if you have a moment to leave a comment!  Have a great weekend!

Hugs,

Stef

All products from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted:
Stamps:  Mixed Messages (PTI)
Paper:  Confetti Cream, Crisp Cantaloupe, Venetian Romance designer paper
Ink:  Crisp Cantaloupe, Antique Linen (Ranger)
Accessories:  Floral Frames Collection framelit, 7/8" Scallop Circle punch, Honeycomb embossing folder, Flower Trim, Silicone Craft Sheet, Chantilly Crochet Trim, Lace (Joann), Basic Pearls

8 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Love the horizontal banners! Very pretty!

stampingandstitching said...

Beautiful card, Stef! I love your design and the soft colours!

Chris Dring said...

What a beautiful card!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Stef! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Kerry Willard Bray said...

Very beautiful! Love all the texture. Thanks for playing with us at Pals Paper Arts!

Beverley said...

So soft & pretty, those flowers are gorgeous. Hugs Bev x

Donna B. said...

Very pretty card! Love the different textures and the dry embossing! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

Linda Callahan said...

So pretty and feminine!