Saturday, July 27, 2013

A Picnic Daydream

Hi there and welcome back!  Pals Paper Arts had another great sketch this week and so I definitely wanted to participate.


I started out with the new Picnic Afternoon designer paper from which I drew most of the colors used in my card today.  For the circle in the sketch, I started with a scallop circle punched from Wisteria Wonder, layered with two sizes of the Daydream Medallion stamps cut out with the respective framelits.  It's topped with one of the new In Color Boutique pieces.



I'm not really sure what to call it, actually.  It's not a button, so I guess I'll call it a sweet, decorative piece in Strawberry Slush, with a pearl on top!  It's not part of the designer paper color scheme, but when I was looking for the right item to top framelits, it seemed unexpected but perfect.  



I was digging through my small collection of ribbon cast offs and found this bow of Wisteria Wonder.  Probably like most of you, I have a hard time tossing useful scraps of paper and pieces of ribbon, so I feel very justified in having my stash when it is repurposed effectively! Yeah!!

Well, that's it for today.  Thanks for taking a look and I hope the remainder of your weekend is terrific!

Hugs,

Stef

All products from Stampin' Up:
Stamps:  Daydream Medallions, Express Yourself
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Wisteria Wonder, Afternoon Picnic designer paper
Ink:  Wisteria Wonder, Pear Pizazz, Coastal Cabana
Accessories:  Wisteria Wonder Ruffle ribbon, Floral Frame framelits, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle, Corner Rounder and Scallop Border punches, In Color Boutique Detail, Basic Pearls

5 comments:

Brian King said...

Stef, These colors couldn't be more perfect together. Love what you did with the sketch. Thanks for playing with The Pals Paper Arts this week.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Breathtakingly gorgeous!!! And thanks for your sweet comment at Moxie Fab World!

Diane Roberts said...

Beautiful card! I love everything about it, especially the double flags and the Strawberry Slush pop of color. Thanks for joining us at Pals Paper Arts this week.

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely beautiful, Stef! I love the "sweet, decorative piece in Strawberry Slush, with a pearl on top". The contrast in color really makes this card! Thanks for playing with the Pals at Pals Paper Arts!

Anonymous said...

I love your take on this week's sketch! The rounded corners tie in great with the scallop edge, and the pearls are just the right touch, aren't they?