Monday, July 29, 2013

A Bit of Raspberry

Happy Monday!  Well, happy the Monday workday is over, that is!  Tonight I am sharing a card I made for the Deconstructed Sketch Challenge.


I loved this sketch the moment I saw it but it took me a while to put this card together, mainly because I couldn't get the flowers to work the way I wanted.  I kept trying to work in the framelit cut leaves but in the end I chucked them and ended up with just the flowers.


I was happy to see Soft Sky back in the color line up at Stampin' Up.  I really loved that color when it first arrived as an In Color.  For this card I matched it up with Raspberry Ripple and Basic Gray.  I pulled out some retired Soft Sky designer paper that was adhered to a Whisper White base.  I stamped Positively Chevron in Soft Sky on Whisper White and trimmed it down for a cross piece to fit the card.


The flowers from Secret Garden were stamped in Versamark on Raspberry Ripple and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.


The sentiment is from Petite Pairs.  It is meant to be the inside part of a birthday greeting, but I think it is great as the primary sentiment, for a thank you type card.  A bit of Soft Sky Seam Tape ribbon across the base and a Soft Sky button and pearls on the flag finish off the card.

Thanks for looking!  Hope the rest of your week is great!

Hugs,

Stef

All products from Stampin' Up:
Stamps:  Secret Garden, Petite Pairs, Positively Chevron
Paper:  Whisper White, Raspberry Ripple, Basic Gray, Soft Suede Designer Paper
Ink:  Basic Gray, Versamark
Accessories:  White embossing powder, Scallop Circles #2 Bigz die, Secret Garden and Circle Framelits, Subtles button, White Baker's Twine, Soft Sky Seam Tape ribbon, Basic Pearls.

1 comment:

Christine Blain said...

Stef, this is beautiful! The Raspberry Ripple flowers really 'pop' against the subtle Soft Sky background; lovely colour combo you've used. Nice use of gorgeous new products!