Friday, May 10, 2013

Little Things

Hello again!  Today's card was made for the weekly sketch at Mojo Monday.  I pulled out some pieces of retired designer paper and set about making this card:


The designer paper is Urban Garden.  The large piece I used was one of the bigger and brighter designs in the pack.  I love the colors in it, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss and Basic Gray.  Below is the sketch:



I really struggled with the tilted panels, or at least with the one of the right.  After many renditions, I finally settle on stamping the Woodgrain stamp in Kiwi Kiss on Very Vanilla with a lovely Papillon Potpourri butterfly on top.  It's sure a busy card (maybe too busy?).



The sentiments are from You're A Gem and Fabulous Phrases.  I've gotten a lot of use out of both sets.  They have been great fall backs when I can't decide on a sentiment.

Thanks for taking a moment to visit my blog.  Happy Mother's Day to all mothers out there and I hope your day is lovely!

Hugs,

Stef



All products by Stampin' Up:
Stamps:  You're a Gem, Fabulous Phrases, Papillon Potpourri, Woodgrain
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Kiwi Kiss, Urban Garden designer paper
Ink:  Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze
Accessories:  7/8" Scallop Circle, 1 1/4" Scallop Circle, Corner Rounder, Elegant Butterfly, and Eyelet Border punches, Vine embossing folder, Kiwi Kiss Satin ribbon, Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon, Baja Breeze button, Linen Thread, Basic Pearls






1 comment:

Christine Blain said...

This is lovely, Stef; I did love that paper (but I'm ruthless, and don't hold on to retired products!). The butterfly is the perfect embellishment for that tilted panel (two words that make me shudder - I struggle big-time with 'tilting' things).