Saturday, April 27, 2013

Live Life

Hi there and welcome back to my little piece of the blogesphere real estate.  I don't think that's a real word but it's kind of fun!

Today I have a card to share that was made for the sketch challenge at Mojo Monday, the SUO Challenge to use anything Sizzix (SUO Challenge blog), and this week's color challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers.  SCS is honoring the beloved retiring Stampin' Up colors Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze and River Rock.  I am very, very sad to see Baja Breeze be retired because it is one of my favorite blues.  Evah.  And Not Quite Navy is the perfect match to it as a darker blue.  But I stocked up with enough supplies that should carry me forward until I turn my fickle affections to another light blue sometime down the road (Soft Sky?  Pool Party?)

Anyway, you came to see my card, so I should probably get around to showing it to you.



Here's the Mojo sketch:


When I saw this sketch I immediately thought of the little stamps from Postage Due.  I had fun using my markers to color them, and then I decided to add the Designer brad with the flower from Collage Curio in the center for a bit of additional interest.



The sentiment is one of my favorites (sorry the twine is covering it up a bit in this shot).  It's one of those small phrases I utilize on those days when things don't seem to be going well, to remember to be present in every moment and embrace all that life offers, even when it's a bit of a challenge.

I pulled out my old Print Pattern background stamp, inked it up with River Rock and used it on the same color card stock for the bottom panel.



Well, time to run.  It's a lovely, sunny day here and there are lots of things to get done.  Thanks so much for taking a look and I hope  you have a moment to leave me a comment; I'd love to hear from you!

Hugs,

Stef



All products from Stampin' Up:

Stamps:  Postage Due, Collage Curios, You're A Gem, Print Pattern
Paper:  Confetti Cream, Not Quite Navy, River Rock, Baja Breeze
Ink:  River Rock, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze (all markers), Crumb Cake (to distress)
Accessories:  Woodgrain and Delicate Designs embossing folders, 7/8" Natural cotton ribbon, Hemp Twine, Postage Stamp punch, Naturals Designer button, Designer brad, 1/2" circle punch, Cutter Kit






7 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Oh, wow, Stef - this is DIVINE!!! Love, love, love the 'antiquey' look that the sponging gives; the embossing, stamping and ribbon/twine combo are all perfect.

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous, I luv the colors and the vintage feel...great stamping too...hope you have a wonderful day!

enjoy *~*

Anonymous said...

Very lovely card, and lots of interesting little details as well! Thanks so much for sharing your project with SUO Challenges.

Jessica said...

Saw your card at the SUO challenge. Your card is precious! I love love allnof this colors...and I will miss them. You did an outstanding card. Blessings!!
Jessica U

Julie Gearinger said...

Love the use of the "Postage" stamps across the top along with all of your other details! The Delicate Accents Lace EF adds just the right touch to this card- thanks for joining in at SUO Challenges and sharing this delightful creation with all of us!

Karen Barber said...

GORGEOUS card!!!

Stef Perry said...

Thanks, Karen!! Glad you dropped by to take a look!