Sunday, April 28, 2013

Hooray For You!

Welcome back once again!  Today I have a card that was made for the challenges at Freshly Made Sketches and Stampin' Royalty.  The sketch was perfect to accommodate a cute image from a new stamp set I just got, Vintage Rides by The Craft's Meow.  I saw an image from this set a couple of weeks ago and knew I had to have it.




I love this little airplane with the banner flying behind it.  I stamped it in Midnight Muse on Very Vanilla and then, rather than color it, I decided to paper piece it.  I pulled out my Print Poetry paper pack to get a masculine piece of designer paper.  When I saw the striped paper, I realized it would meet that need plus work for this week's Color Challenge at Stampin' Royalty.



And here's the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


I rotated it 90 degrees to work with my stamped images.  The Summer Starfruit panel was run through the Big Shot with the Clouds embossing folder...I figured with lots of imagination it could represent the sunny sky behind the plane.  ;-)  





It's a pretty simple card for me and I kept looking at it, wondering what else I could add.  But it's actually great for a boy with its lack of fussiness.  

Thanks for taking a look today, and I'd love to hear from you if you have a moment to leave a comment.  

Hugs,

Stef


All products from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted:
Stamps:  Vintage Rides (The Craft's Meow)
Paper:  Midnight Muse, Very Vanilla, Summer Starfruit, Print Poetry designer paper
Ink:  Midnight Muse, Gumball green
Accessories:  Clouds embossing folder, Linen Thread, Gumball Green Stitched Satin Ribbon, Mini Brads, Paper Snips.





4 comments:

Jen Timko said...

Love the paper piecing on this, Stef! Super use of that paper pack too! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Amy O said...

Great paper piecing! And I love the embossed clouds. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Christine Blain said...

What a bright, fun, card Stef - I love it! The colours are gorgeous, the embossed clouds just too cute, and the paper-piecing a perfect touch.

Georgeann Manning said...

Super fun stuff!! Love how you put it all together! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!