Saturday, March 30, 2013

A Vintage Secret Garden

When I saw the SU Spring Catalogue with the Secret Garden stamp set and matching dies, I swore to myself I was not going to get enamored with them (I love dies that match stamp sets...while I can do a mean fussy cut when necessary, dies save time and my poor eyes too!).  I mean, how many floral sets does one stamper "need".  ; - )  But, I was worn down by all the beautiful images I saw out there on the web...yes, you know who you are, you enablers with your gorgeous cards and stunning floral images!!  

Okay, so in a weak moment, I took the plunge,  Here is my first card with that stamp set:


Love, love, love those lined images.  While today I used them more as part of a collage with the stamped leaves and just a light color wash of Wisteria Wonder, I look forward to truly water coloring them with more depth of color.  The leaves look rather faint due to stamping on watercolor paper, which adds to the collage effect.



The card today uses this week's wonderful sketch at Freshly Made Sketches:


It is also for the weekly color challenge at Colourq Tuesday:


They always have lovely color challenges at cQc but it has never worked out for me to join the challenge.  However, this week I had begun building my card for the FMS sketch challenge in a monochromatic palate of Pool Party, so it was relatively easy to incorporate the remainder of the colors.

Finally, I'm entering this is the SU Only Challenge blog (suochallenges.com) where the theme is to make a spring card.  I guess this is a spring-y birthday card!


The sentiment was stamped in Versamark, heat embossed with white embossing powder and cut out with a Windows Collection framelit.  I love the intricate detail of this stamp.

Thank you so much for visiting today.  I'd love to hear from you if you have a moment to leave a comment!

Hugs,

Stef

All products Stampin' Up:
Stamps:  Secret Garden, Vintage Verses
Paper:  Whisper White, SU Watercolor paper, Pool Party card stock and Coordinations
Ink:  Always Artichoke, Lucky Limeade, Wisteria Wonder, Versamark, Jet Black Stazon
Accessories:  Aquapainter, SU white embossing powder, Windows Collection Framelit, Honeycomb ef, Wisteria Wonder Ruffled ribbon, Large Scallop Edgelit, Delicate Designs ef, White Baker's Twine. 




10 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Very pretty! Love your stamped background strip. Thanks for joining SUO Challenges this week.

Connie Babbert said...

Oh...love how you made your "designer paper" with the stamps! Very pretty...you'll be glad you purchased that set! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge!

Christine Blain said...

This is lovely Stef - and you are going to have SO much more fun with the Secret Garden bundle! I was in the same boat as you; resisted for a bit, but then gave in, and am mighty glad I did. I look forward to seeing what else you make. :)

Cindy Hall said...

Ditto. I wasn't going to get this set for the same reasons that you mentioned, but the bundle with the die cuts was too enticing. With your lovely card and the cards you'll be making with this set, I know you're going to enable others, too! This is really a beautiful card. Love the colors, too. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Mitchell said...

The collage of floral images is gorgeous and a great way to incorporate the colors! Thanks for joining us at colourQ and Freshly Made Sketches!

Tracey McNeely said...

All of the elements you combined are so lovely for this weeks challenge. Thank you so much for sharing this week at the colourQ!

Allisa said...

Great card, love the mix of embossing! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Yapha Mason said...

Fabulous card! I love all of the texture! Great use of the colors. Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, Stef, I love the stamping, the embossing and the design of your card! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.

Mary Brown said...

Oh how soft and pretty! I love how you made your own dsp for your card. DELIGHTFUL! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!